Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Other Films I've Seen Recently

Christmas in July (Sturges, 1940)--I don't know what to say about this except that it was throughly enjoyable. I don't know the actors well enough to name them, but whoever played the boss that wrote the first check was brilliant. Funny and angry--a great caricature. I definitely want to see more Sturges. It was also really fun to see it on the big screen, and to hear people laughing in the theater at the funny parts. It was almost like time traveling.

The Sentinel (Winner, 1977)--snooze-fest of a horror film but with a great ending. If I hadn't been restless late at night, I would have never sat through it to find out about the great ending. Other than that, though, it's almost completely devoid of horror. What was fun though was appearances by young actors Jeff Goldblum, Christopher Walken, and Beverly D'Angelo. I love being surprised by well-known actors in crappy films.

Soutbounders (Wagner, 2005)--nice little low-budget indie film about a romance on the Appalachian Trail. Not sappy but predictable in the right ways. And I'm especially fond of the setting, so it would have been hard for me to dislike this film. Recommended for Ben and Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment