Monday, April 18, 2011

Record Store Day 2011

I'm very excited about all the swag I got and wanted to share. Not movies, I know, but those of you who are into music will appreciate this post.

I only got one CD: The Head and the Heart's self-titled debut. If you're a pop folk fan, you'd like these guys; check 'em out. Here's a list of the rest.

7" singles, EPs
Side by Side: "Havana Affair"--Ramones on one side and Red Hot Chili Peppers on the other
The Civil Wars "Dance Me to the End of Love," B-side "I Want You Back"
Blitzen Trapper "Maybe Baby," B-side "Soul Singer"
Regina Spektor *Four From Far*: A-side "Riot Gear" and "The Sword and the Pen," B-side "Time is All Around" and "Eet (Live in London)"

10" EPs
Dharohar Project, Laura Marling, and Mumford and Sons: A-side "Devil's Spoke/Sneh Ko Marg" and "To Darkness/Kripa," B-side "Anmol Rishtey" and "Mehendi Rachi"

12" singles, EPs
Fleet Foxes "Helplessness Blues," B-side "Grown Ocean"
Franz Ferdinand Covers "Live Alone (Debbie Harry)" and "Dream Again (Stephen Merritt)," B-side "Live Alone (LCD Soundsystem)," "What She Came For (ESG)," and "Turn It On (Peaches)"

LPs
Architecture in Helsinki *Places Like This*
Mates of State *Team Boo*
The Submarines *Love Notes/Letter Bombs*
Devotchka *How It Ends*
The International Submarine Band *Safe At Home* (w/7 inch "The Russians Are Coming" and "Truck Driving Man")
John Fahey *Requia and Other Compositions for guitar solo*

All in all, a good day. I'll need to freeze my spending for a little while, but I'll have some good music to listen to in the meantime.

P.S. Brandon, you're even more awesome in person. It was great to meet you. I'm glad I took the chance and came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment