Monday, February 1, 2010

January's Films

Here's the list of films I watched in January. Though I'm choosing to only write about a handful of the ones I've seen, I'm happy to talk about any of them with anyone who's interested. In no particular order, with asterisks by the ones I particularly liked:

The Mark of Zorro* (Fairbanks, 1920)
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra (meh)
Apache (Lancaster)
Candleshoe* (Jodie Foster, Taxi Driver era, tons of fun from Disney's glory days)
I Love You, Man* (I did, I liked it- I watched all the special effects. 4 stars for Rudd's performance)
Sherlock Holmes and the Scarlet Claw* (great atmosphere)
Sherlock Holmes and the Spider Woman*
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
Bruno (sorry again, Adrienne :(...)
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow (for the kid... ok, for me, too)
Sherlock Holmes : Terror By Night*
Sherlock Holmes: Dressed to Kill*
AstroBoy (blech- they ruined a classic with haphazard storytelling)
The Valley of Gwangi*
Battle for Terra
A Certain Kind of Death** (this blew me away- you should all see it, but not right after eating)
The Band's Visit* (great characters)
The Limits of Control* (something a little different from Jarmusch, but still very Jarmusch)
Avatar* (mind-boggling special effects)

No comments:

Post a Comment